Monday, April 2, 2012

rain.

in eighth grade my teacher asked the class to write down what we would do if we were a spring rain drop.
as other kids scoffed and some pondered the question, i started off writing my little poem,

If I were a spring rain drop
I'd rain down on little kids playing in street puddles
and wash away the dirt from African childrens' feet
so that there would be more smiles in the world.

i don't find my poem to be a masterpiece or anything but what i do find amazing is i knew immediately what i would want to do.
wash away the dirt.
wash away what dirt?
dirt on childrens feet.
what kind of children?
African children.
i am so happy to say that tomorrow i am heading off to africa
yes to AFRICA!
and i pray that one day as i walk the beautiful country of Uganda it will rain.
because i want more smiles in the world
i want more peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment