Monday, June 4, 2012

a girl on a mat.



I met Esther on my trip to africa this year, and what a special girl she was. 
One day she was sleeping outside on the mat with all the little babies and as they cooed and cried I wondered,
"Why is she sleeping here and why now it is only early morning?" 
possibly sensing my thoughts, a nanny came along and said, "yeah she normally falls asleep about now." and then went along on her way. but why now i thought...
One night as we re-covered the older children with their blankets, which they quickly kicked off again as soon as we turned away, i noticed a friend of mine standing over Esther's crib. 
i went over and there she lay. Esther was wide awake and for a moment my heart cried, 
is she always this way? 
does she not sleep at night?
my friend stroked her head and i held her hand. and then as i turned away i whispered, 
"goodnight Esther."
i don't now if esther ever did sleep at night but i am so thankful to know for sure that she will be now!
Esther has a home!
Esther has a family!
Esther will be loved well forever!
and i praise God, the thought of her eyes wide awake in that stuffy room will haunt me no more.
find out how you can help to bring her home and so much more here vvvv                  
http://momentswithlove.blogspot.com/2012/06/all-for-love-giveaway.html

No comments:

Post a Comment