Wednesday, August 8, 2012

hope and good.

some may know i had an opportunity to spend another week at Lake Geneva Christian Center
in the overwhelming presence of the Lord.
it was amazing. as always.
but tuesday night changed me a lot
it was tuesday night that as i walked into chapel my heart rested heavy on my ribs.
i felt like gasping for air.
that night the preacher spoke about things that labeled your life
there is a sermon like this every year
about those big labels
like
rape.
cutting.
addiction.
anorexia.
self hatred.
i very fortunately have none of those
but i do have a label
a small one on the tip of my heart.
where things in my life lay
broken.
confused.
mangled.
as i wept at the alter that night with fellow peers on their knees all around me
a lady asked to pray with me
and i explained why i stood there crying
and she prayed over me a wonderful prayer
and as she walked away my heart cried,
"she just doesn't get it, she doesn't know the man he was, she doesn't know how he blessed my life, she has never seen him,"
i was frustrated and angry with God.
and i prayed still that the one person who really knew this man would find me.
and as i worshiped
singing, 
your love never fails
it never gives up
it never runs out on me.
she came and wrapped me up in her arms
she said,
 "i knew i would find you here and i knew i had too, the Lord told me to find you here Maria."
and as she hugged me i looked up and said,
"i miss your dad"
and there we cried together
minute after minute
she knew the great man of God he was.
she knew his joy and the peace he brought to ones around him
she knew his jokes and his big bushy eyebrows.
and she said, 
"he would have wanted us to have hope and to make good where there is none to be found"
and i knew then that God heard me
like he always does
and i was at peace 
because someone special took the time to show me that they understood
and that they cared.

Pastor Rod I miss you everyday. Thank you for how you blessed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment