Tuesday, September 4, 2012

tingling toes and talking teachers.

that is what i believe sums up the whole first day of school.
tingling toes and talking teachers
your feet fall asleep and your teachers talk on and on
seemingly trying to scare everyone out of taking their class so they can just go home too
i always go on the first day with optimism and then get hit with the realization of how stupid that idea was
people crowd the hallways and girls giggle at annoyingly high decibels
football players talk about the game last friday and kids give you weird looks
now don't get me wrong i am so thankful for school
and even more so the school i belong to
but it always reminds me of how i am not where i want to be
i feel held back and tied down
i feel unused.
like i could do much greater things
heck i know i could
but i believe everything needs growing time
so here i sit
trying to be content 
praying that i will have an open mind
finding joy and thankfulness in the small parts of life.
i know that the Lord is faithful
though its hard
my brain wanders and the little chocolate faces appear in my head
i feel a breeze on my face and sand in my toes
i want to stand up and scream, do you all even know what's out there...
but i sit
and my toes tingle
and the teacher talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment